Monday, July 16, 2018


I got holidays for 3 weeks in December and I took a flight on Friday 8th December to Brussels early in the morning. I spent 3 days in Brussels with my friend Sarka and her boyfriend. After arriving at the airport I took a bus to the city center and the journey took quite a long time. The first evening we had dinner in the restaurant Au Soleil D'Afrique which I had already visited once in 2015. This time I ordered a chicken in palm oil with rice. On Saturday we visited Bruges which is a beautiful historical city with cobbled lanes and picturesque bridges.


We spent some hours walking in the city and admiring the architecture. The city looked like a fairy-tale. It wasn't snowing but it was very cold outside. My friends did some shopping for Christmas and then we returned to Brussels.
On Sunday it started to snow and in the evening we went to a party to Sarka's friends. We had fun, we got food and drinks and then we returned home because I had to get up early on Monday morning 11th December because I had to travel to Eindhoven in order to catch my flight to Malaga. I took Uber to the bus station where I travelled by Flixbus to Eindhoven. There was a very heavy snowstorm when I got to the airport and approximately half of flight were cancelled. There was another flight to Malaga which was supposed to be departing around 20 minutes before my flight and it was also cancelled. I waited a long time and I was getting ready to return to Brussels but finally my flight was only delayed by one hour. I made a booking in the Casa Al Sur Hostel because I couldn't find a host on couchsurfing. I was supposed to check-in by 10pm and I arrived a few minutes late but it wasn't a problem. The staff was very friendly and let me in. I made tea in the kitchen and then I turned on heating and I went to sleep. The bed was very comfortable. When I got up on Tuesday I went to visit the city. The hostel was located in the city center. I walked to the beach and it was warm, in the sun it was around 18°C. Then I climbed up the hill towards the Gibraltar castle and on the way back I visited Alcazaba which is a fortress.


My friend Thomas from Paris joined me in the evening and we visited tapas restaurant together. We tasted many different kinds of food including octopus, shrimps, squid, pork and beef. Then we had a dessert and we went to an Arabic tearoom to drink some tea. On Wednesday morning we visited the city center of Malaga. Thomas hired a car but it was towed during the night because he parked on some forbidden place. We had to take a taxi there and the fine was 80 Eur.
Thomas booked accommodation for the rest of the our trip. We travelled to Ronda on Wednesday 13th December where we stayed in the hotel Parador de Ronda where we had impressive view overlooking a gorgeous abyss.


There was a tapas restaurant nearby where we had dinner. Then we watched some movie online.
As we stayed in 4-star hotels which were luxurious we had usually comfort there. We also had a good choice of food for breakfast there. We spent only one night in Ronda and then we travelled to Cadiz on Thursday 14th December where we spent one night in the Hotel La Catedral.


We weren't lucky with the weather in Cadiz because it was raining heavily when we visited the city. I had already visited Cadiz once before in 2012. We also met Raul who had hosted me in Cadiz before and then he also visited me in Prague. We joined him for dinner in the tapas restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment